1 cup dried green peas ( 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas)
2 onions, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 piece ginger, chopped
5-6 big garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1 small piece cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp butter
- Soak dried green peas in water for 5-6 hours. Then cook it adding salt and enough water till done and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp butter in a pan and add chopped ginger, garlic and onions and saute well adding little salt till soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well till soft.
- Add 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well till raw smell goes. Add 1/2 tsp kasuri methi and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool and then grind to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp butter in a thick bottomed pan and add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Reduce the flame to low and add 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Add ground paste to this and saute at high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add hot water as required and mix well. Add salt to this and mix well.
- When it boils, add cooked green peas ( or frozen fresh green peas ) and cook covered at low-medium flame till well cooked and the gravy thickens.
- Add fresh cream, 1 tsp kasuri methi and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and sugar and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Switch off the flame and serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves….