170 gm semiya / vermicelli
1/2 litre milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tin condensed milk
3/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp + 1 tbsp ghee
25 gm raisins
25 gm cashew nuts
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add semiya and roast and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, boil 6 cups of water. Add roasted semiya into this and boil well till cooked.
- Add milk and sugar, mix well and boil well till it turns thick, stirring in between.
- Then add condensed milk and mix well and allow to boil.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and roast the cashew nuts and raisins and add to the payasam. Serve it warm or chilled…