1 breadfruit / kadachakka / sheema chakka
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt or as required
oil for frying
- Cut the breadfruit into two halves and cut each half into 4 equal pieces. Then peel the skin and remove the centre hard portion.
- Then slice them into thin pieces and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix turmeric powder and salt in 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the sliced breadfruit in batches and fry it on medium flame, stirring occasionally so that the chips are evenly cooked.
- When the chips are almost done, reduce the heat and sprinkle salt water into the oil carefully. (Cover it with a lid immediately to prevent splashing).
- Then fry for another 2-3 minutes until it becomes light brown and crispy.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel and let it cool. Store in an air tight container.