1 cup sago/ sabudana/ chawwari
2 medium potatoes, halved
1/4 cup peanuts
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp curry leaves, chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
oil, for frying
- Rinse and soak sago in 1 cup of water for at least 4 hours.
- Add potatoes in a pressure cooker and cook adding enough water for 2 whistles. Peel the potatoes and mash it well and keep it aside.
- Roast the peanuts and grind to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add the drained sago and combine with peanut powder, ginger, green chillies, chilli powder, cumin seeds, lemon juice, curry leaves, coriander leaves, sugar and salt.
- Add mashed potatoes into this and mix well with your hand.
- Grease palm with little oil and make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them with your palms.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop the prepared vadas gently to the hot oil and deep fry them on medium flame till they turn golden brown, flipping to the other side in between.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with chutney…