3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 inch piece ginger
3-4 dry red chillies
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup rava / semolina
1/4 cup wheat flour
salt to taste
1/3 tsp baking soda
water, as required
- In a blender, add chopped tomatoes, ginger, dry red chillies and cumin seeds and blend well.
- Add rava, wheat flour and 1/2 cup of water into this and grind well to a smooth batter.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Keep it covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add salt and baking soda and mix well. Adjust the water and mix well to the dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and cook till done. Turn the other side and cook if required.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar…