4 ripe plantains/ bananas / ethappazham
1 cup water
6-8 tbsp sugar
2 cups + 1 cup semi thick coconut milk (2nd extract)
1 cup thick coconut milk (1st extract)
2 tsp rice flour
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp ghee
1/4 tsp salt
- Cut the plantains into round pieces.
- In a pan, add plantain pieces and 1 cup of water and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups semi thick coconut milk and boil well till the plantains are cooked well.
- Add sugar and mix well till the sugar dissolves and boil well.
- Mix rice flour in a cup of coconut milk without any lumps. Add this and boil well at medium flame.
- When it starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and ghee and mix well.
- Then add thick coconut milk and salt and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve with idiyappam, maniputtu etc…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair (YouTube)