1 cup pumpkin / mathanga, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 cup sprouted green gram / mulappicha cherupayar
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Crush together grated coconut, green chillies, shallots and cumin seeds and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add chopped pumpkin and cook it adding salt and 1/4 cup of water till soft.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves
- Add sprouted green gram, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Sprinkle 3-4 tbsp of water and cook covered at low -medium flame for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the crushed coconut mixture, mix well and saute at low flame until the raw smell goes.
- Then add the cooked pumpkin to this and mix well for few minutes until it is dry…..Remove from flame and serve with rice…