1/2 cup black chick peas / kadala
2 small onions, sliced
1 tbsp crushed ginger-garlic
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 sprig curry leaves
5-6 cashew nuts, soaked in little water
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 of 1 tomato, sliced into round pieces
1/3 cup thick coconut milk
3 shallots, sliced
3-4 cashew nuts
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
oil, as required
- Soak kadala / chickpeas in water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- In a pressure cooker, add soaked chickpeas , salt and enough water and cook for 4-5 whistles at medium flame till soft. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add sliced onions and little salt and saute well till soft.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic and mix well.
- Add slit green chillies and curry leaves and saute well. Switch off the flame and allow to cool.
- Then grind to a smooth paste adding soaked cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add cooked chick peas, ground paste, salt and enough hot water and mix well and allow to boil.
- Add pepper powder and garam masala , mix well and boil well.
- Add sliced tomato and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add thick coconut milk and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and fry sliced shallots, few cashew nuts and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the curry and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and serve hot…
Recipe Source: Fadwas Kitchen (YouTube)