1 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 green chilli
small piece ginger
1 tbsp grated coconut
2 cups idli batter
salt to taste
- Grind the coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger and grated coconut together to a smooth thick paste adding 2 tbsp of water using a blender.
- Add this coriander paste to the idli batter and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- In an idli cooker/ steamer , take enough water and allow to boil.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar/ chutney…