1 small raw plantain, peeled and cut into cubes
10 long beans / achinga payar, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 zucchini, peeled and cut into cubes
5 ivy gourd/ kovakka, cut into half
1 cup yellow cucumber / vellarikka, peeled and cut into cubes
1 medium bitter gourd / pavakka, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
1 cup yogurt, beaten
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large thick bottomed pan, add the chopped raw plantain, long beans, zucchini, ivy gourd and yellow cucumber and cook it with salt and enough water.
- When the vegetables are half done, add bitter gourd pieces and cook till done (add more water if needed).
- Grind grated coconut adding green chillies, shallots and cumin seeds to a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the ground coconut paste along with curry leaves and mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till the raw taste of coconut mixture is gone.
- Reduce the flame and add the beaten yogurt and mix well and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame. Adjust the salt.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle the coconut oil and few curry leaves on top and keep it covered until ready to serve….Serve with rice..