1 cup yam / chena, cut into cubes
1 cup ash gourd/ kumbalanga, cut into cubes
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
lemon sized tamarind
1 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and chop yam and ash gourd into cubes.
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water and extract its juice and keep it aside.
- In a manchatti/ pan, add cubed vegetables, tamarind juice, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and enough water and mix well and cook until they are done and the water almost evaporates.
- In the meantime, grind grated coconut, shallots and cumin seeds to a paste adding little water.
- Add this ground coconut paste and little more water to the cooked vegetables, mix well and cook for few minutes. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add this to the curry and serve with rice…
- This curry have more taste the next day….
Recipe Source: Instagram