1/2 -3/4 cup dried prawns/ Unakka chemmeen
8-10 pieces drumsticks/ Muringakka
2 green chillies
2-3 shallots, sliced
3/4 cup grated coconut
1- 1 1/2 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
gooseberry sized tamarind
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry chillies
2 shallots for tempering
- Soak tamarind in a cup of water and keep aside.
- Clean the dried prawns and cook it with drumsticks, green chillies and salt by adding enough water.
- Grind grated coconut, chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and shallots to a smooth paste.
- Add the ground coconut mixture to the cooked ingredients along with tomato and tamarind water and mix well. Adjust salt.
- Boil it in a low flame for few minutes and remove from fire.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it starts to splutter add dry chillies, shallots and curry leaves. Pour this over the curry and mix in. Serve hot with rice.
Curry looks tempting. I love dried prawns.
tempting.. love the combination…
drooling here… amazing.. first time here, when u get time, do visit mine….
Event: Dish Name Starts With L
delicious prawn curry ..woow…wth drumsticks…definitely a must try !!!!!!
So tempting n delicious..feeling hungry:-)
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
Omg,colour of the curry itself makes me hungry..tempting..
Very interesting recipe. Haven't used dried prawns in any recipe. Quite a rustic feel to it.
tried this…I added mango instead of tomato n tamarind…came out really well…