1/2 kg squid, cut into small pieces
2 raw mangoes, chopped into small pieces
1 onion, sliced
1 piece ginger, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup thick coconut milk
3 cup thin coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 dry red chillies
1 tbsp shallots, sliced
- Grind chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder together with little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a manchatti/ claypot or pan and add sliced onion, ginger, green chillies and few curry leaves and saute well.
- Add ground paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Then add thin coconut milk and mix well. Add cleaned squids, chopped mangoes and salt and cook covered in low flame.
- When the squids are done, add thick coconut milk. Bring it to a boil and remove from flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, sliced shallots and curry leaves and fry till shallots becomes golden. Pour this over the prepared curry and mix well..Serve hot…
- You can add or reduce the quantity of raw mango, depending on its sourness….