1 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 cup yoghurt
5 curd chillies/ thairu mulaku / kondattam mulaku
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Cut okra/ vendakka into small pieces and fry it in the oil and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and cumin seeds together.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add the ground coconut paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Remove from flame and to this add beaten yoghurt, salt and fried vendakka and mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds,curd chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the prepared kichadi , mix well and serve with rice……
Love this with hot steaming rice…yum!!
very new recipe to me…looks delicious…will try soon
Delicious, well goes as a side with biryani and pulao dish.
Makes me hungry 🙂
Nice one and nice click
Oh I love this idea I think I have some moru mulakku with me thanks for posting this recipe.
Thank u so much for stopping by my blog…loved going through ur blog too… will be following u from now on :)….
Yummy kichadi there… and so many yummy dishes that I am yet to read through 🙂
Thank you all for your lovely comments 🙂