1 cup grated coconut
1 1/2 cup yoghurt
5 curd chillies/ thairu mulaku / kondattam mulaku
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Cut okra/ vendakka into small pieces and fry it in the oil and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and cumin seeds together.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add the ground coconut paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Remove from flame and to this add beaten yoghurt, salt and fried vendakka and mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds,curd chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the prepared kichadi , mix well and serve with rice……