1 1/2 cups raw papaya, chopped
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
- Peel and chop raw papaya into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut, shallots, cumin seeds, green chillies and little turmeric powder to a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Cook chopped papaya with chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 3-4 curry leaves and salt adding little water in a pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- Add ground paste and yoghurt , mix well and heat on low flame for few minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and close with a lid…Serve with rice..