1 big raw plantain/ pachakkaya/ ethakka
1/2 kg prawns
2 cup grated coconut
3 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 pieces kudampuli/ gambooge
5-6 shallots, sliced
3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
3 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Peel the raw plantain and chop it into small cubes. Clean the prawns and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the grated coconut , 3 shallots, garlic cloves, chopped ginger, pepper corns, 1 tsp chilli powder and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and saute till light brown.
- Remove it from flame and grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the cleaned prawns, raw plantain pieces, kudampuli, 2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and cook adding 2 cups of water.
- Then add ground coconut paste and enough water and boil well till the gravy thickens. Remove it from flame.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a small pan ,splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chillies, 2 sliced shallots, curry leaves.
- Pour this over the prepared curry and serve with rice…