1 1/2 cup ripe pineapple, peeled and cubed
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2-3/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1-2 green chillies
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp sugar
2 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Peel and chop pineapple into small cubes.
- In a thick pan, add cubed pineapple, chopped tomato, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook adding about 1 1/2 cup of water. Then add sugar and mix well.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, 1 tsp mustard seeds together to a coarse paste.
- Add this ground coconut paste to the cooked pineapple- tomato, mix well and cook for few minutes on medium flame till it thickens. Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in another pan, splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add red chillies and curry leaves and fry. Pour this over the pachadi. Serve with rice…