2 cups rice flour / idiyappam podi
water as required
salt to taste
1/2 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and add chopped dates, grated coconut, sugar and cardamom powder and saute well. Keep it aside.
- To prepare idiyappam dough, boil water in a pan adding enough salt.
- In a mixing bowl, take the rice flour and add the required amount of boiling water and mix thoroughly by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Then knead it with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Fill the dough in an idiyappam maker/ press and rotate/press little dough gently into the greased idli plates.
- Top it with 1 tbsp of prepared dates filling and then cover it with another layer of idiyappam dough. Sprinkle little dates filling on the top.
- Place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook for 10-12 minutes or until done…Serve warm…