250 gm vendakka / okra/ ladies finger
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 small onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
- Clean and cut okra into small pieces. Beat eggs with pepper powder and salt using a spoon/ fork and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add grated coconut, chopped onion, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt and mix well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and chopped okra and saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add coconut mixture, stir well and cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, add the beaten egg and scramble/ stir continuously till the egg is well cooked and dry… Cover and cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from flame…Serve hot with rice..