1 medium beetroot ( 1/2 cup beetroot puree)
2 cups rice flour / idiyappam podi
salt to taste
boiling water as required
- Peel and chop beetroot into small pieces and cook it with 1/4 cup of water until tender. Grind / puree the cooked beetroot to a smooth paste adding little water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice flour, beetroot puree and enough salt. Then add required amount of boiling water and mix thoroughly by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Then knead well with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Grease the idiyappam maker/press and idli plates with little oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill the dough in an idiyappam maker/ press and rotate/press little dough gently into the greased idli plates.
- Place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook for 10-12 minutes or until done…Serve hot with side dish of your choice….
lovely color…nice innovative idea 🙂
Lovely way to include beetroot…
ohh they look so pretty….love it…and a wonderful way to eat beetroot
Wow the beet idiappam looks superrr.