1 bunch (300-350 gm) long beans / achinga payar
1 small onion, chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1/2 of 1 small tomato, chopped (optional)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Wash and chop the long beans into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, curry leaves and crushed garlic and fry.
- Add chopped onion and saute till transparent. Add green chillies, chopped tomato and chopped payar and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook covered at low flame till done. (Sprinkle little water if required).
- Add grated coconut to this and stir well for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the flame and serve with rice…..