2 cups spinach/ palak, cleaned
2 cups rice flour / idiyappam podi
salt to taste
boiling water as required
- In a pan, add the spinach leaves and 1/2 cup of water and boil for 2 minutes. Cool and then grind it with the water (in which it is cooked) into a fine puree.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice flour, spinach puree and enough salt. Then add required amount of boiling water and mix thoroughly by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Then knead well with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Grease the idiyappam maker/press and idli plates with little oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill the dough in an idiyappam maker/ press and rotate/press little dough gently into the greased idli plates.
6. Place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook for 10-12 minutes or until done…Serve hot with side dish of your choice….
This looks lovely! I love the color!