1 cup ragi / finger millet
1/2 cup urad dal
1/2 cup raw rice / pachari
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup aval (rice flakes / beaten rice)
salt to taste
- In a bowl, add ragi, urad dal, raw rice and fenugreek seeds and wash well and soak for 2-3 hours.
- Then drain the water ( can use the same water for grinding) and keep it aside.
- Soak the aval / beaten rice in little water for 10-15 minutes.
- In a blender, add the drained ragi mix and soaked aval and grind well adding enough water to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and add salt and keep it for fermentation for 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and cook till done. Turn the other side and cook if required.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar…