1/4 cup green gram / cherupayar
2 cups purple cabbage, shredded or chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 dry red chilli
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2-3 tsp oil
- Soak green gram/ cherupayar in water overnight and pressure cook it adding a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and enough water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add chopped cabbage, onion, grated coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt and mix well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the cabbage-coconut mixture, mix well and allow to cook it on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Then add cooked green gram into this and mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice…