1 cup ragi flour / finger millet flour
3/4-1 cup boiled water
1 cup grated coconut
200 gm jaggery
a pinch of salt
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp ghee
- In a sauce pan, melt the jaggery adding 4-5 tbsp of water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated coconut and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add jaggery syrup and cardamom powder and mix well until it becomes dry. Keep it aside.
- To prepare the dough, take ragi flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add boiled water little by little and mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula. Then knead well to a smooth dough.
- Make small balls from the dough, spread on the banana leaf.
7. Place the coconut jaggery filling over the dough and fold the leaf in half and press lightly.
8. Place the ada in a steamer and steam cook for 12-15 minutes…Serve it hot as breakfast or a snack…