10-12 vendakka / okra / ladies finger
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
4 green chillies, slit
1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
a pinch of chilli powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the okra into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cup) and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with 2 green chillies, cumin seeds and turmeric powder to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium flame and add okra pieces, 2 slit green chillies and salt and stir fry for 7-8 minutes until its soft and cooked.
- Add the ground coconut paste to this, mix well and cook at low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies and a pinch of chilli powder.
- Pour this seasoning over the pulissery and keep it covered for 5 minutes. Mix well and serve with rice…