3-4 okra / vendakka
2-3 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 cumin seeds
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 cup yogurt
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
coconut oil, as required
- Cut okra into thin round pieces and fry in little oil till light brown and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop the beetroot into pieces and cook on medium flame adding salt and about 1/4 cup of water till done.
- Transfer it to a small blender and grind it to a thick paste and add to a pan.
- Grind the grated coconut, green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds to a smooth paste adding 1/4 cup yoghurt.
- Add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds to this and grind for a few seconds.
- Add this ground coconut paste to the beetroot paste, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add the remaining yogurt, mix well and heat in low flame for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Add the fried okra pieces and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a small pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the pachadi…Serve with rice.