2 1/2 cups vegetables, chopped lengthwise ( I used raw plantains, carrots, drumsticks, beans, long beans, ash gourd and yam)
5 green chillies
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup sour yogurt, beaten
2 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables into 2 inch long pieces ( about 2 1/2 cups of vegetables chopped lengthwise).
- In a pan, add the chopped vegetables and cook it with 2 slit green chillies and salt adding little water, stirring in between (or you can pressure cook for a whistle on medium flame and open immediately by placing the cooker under water, otherwise the vegetables will turn mushy).
- Coarsely grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, 3 green chillies, little salt and 1 tbsp water together and keep it aside.
- When the vegetables are cooked and the water dries up, add the yogurt and mix well and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Then add the ground coconut mixture, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes on medium flame till the raw taste of coconut mixture is gone. Adjust the salt.
- Add the coconut oil and curry leaves and switch off the flame. Close the lid and keep it aside for 2 minutes and then mix it well. Serve with rice..