1 bunch kale
1/2 cup toor dal / thuvara parippu
3 green chillies, chopped
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash the dal and cook in a pan adding salt and enough water till cooked and keep it aside.
- Wash and finely chop the kale leaves and keep it aside.
- Crush together grated coconut, shallots, cumin seeds, garlic, green chillies and turmeric powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan over medium flame and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal and fry till light brown and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped kale and cook covered at low -medium flame for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the crushed coconut mixture and salt and mix well. Sprinkle little water if needed and cook at low flame until the raw smell is gone.
- Add cooked dal to this and mix well for few minutes until it is dry…..Remove from flame and serve with rice…