3/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 dry red chillies
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
3/4 tsp urad dal
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Cut pappadams into small cubes and fry them in oil and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut adding cumin seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and dry red chillies and fry till golden.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, curry leaves and salt and saute till onion begins to change colour.
- Add crushed coconut and stir for 1-2 minutes till dry. Switch off the flame and let rest for a minute.
- Slightly crush the fried pappadams and add to the pan and mix well.
- Serve immediately with rice and other side dishes…