1 cup radish / mullangi, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Peel and chop radish into small pieces.
- In a pan, add the chopped radish and cook it covered at medium flame adding enough water,1 slit green chilli and salt till soft and cooked.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 2 green chillies to a smooth thick paste adding yogurt.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked radish, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the pachadi…Serve with rice…