3/4 cup semiya / vermicelli
4 cups milk
1 big carrot
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (adjust sweetness according to your taste)
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
10-12 cashew nuts
- Peel and chop the carrot into pieces and then cook it adding little water. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding 2-3 tsp of milk and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a thick bottomed pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins till golden and keep it aside.
- Add 1 ghee in the same pan and roast the semiya till golden at low-medium flame.
- Add the milk, mix well and boil until the vermicelli is well cooked, stirring in between.
- Now add the condensed milk and sugar and mix well till sugar dissolves.
- Then add carrot paste and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Add fried cashew nuts and raisins to the payasam.. Serve it warm or chilled…