2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease and flour the baking pan and keep it aside.
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter using an electric mixer till creamy. Add the sugar and beat well. Then add eggs and vanilla essence to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- In another bowl, mix well the mashed bananas and yoghurt.
- Add the dry ingredients (step 2) and banana mixture (step 4) alternatively into the creamed mixture (step 3) and stir until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in a wire rack, then cut into slices and serve……..