2 drumsticks / muringakka
10 jackfruit seeds/ chakkakuru, thinly sliced
1 raw mango/ pacha manga, chopped into cubes
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups of thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 shallots, sliced
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- Cut the drumsticks into 2″ pieces and slit each into 2 pieces.
- In a pan, add the drumstick pieces, cleaned jackfruit seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and cook covered adding thin coconut milk.
- When it is half cooked, add the chopped mango and salt and cook covered on medium flame till done.
- Then add thick coconut milk and when it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, sliced shallots and curry leaves and fry.
- Add this seasoning over the prepared curry and serve hot with rice…