1 cup padavalanga/ snake gourd, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup vanpayar/ red beans
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
2 tsp oil
- Soak vanpayar in water for 5-6 hours and pressure cook it by adding enough water and salt and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut and green chillies together and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped padavalanga, cooked vanpayar, turmeric powder and salt and cook covered in low flame for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed coconut mixture, mix well and cook for 2 minutes…Remove from flame and serve with rice..